TY Cushion Tire warrants to the original purchaser that all new solid rubber tires are free from defects in workmanship and materials. All warranties, expressed or implied, expire once the original usable tread has been worn from the tire, limited to (6) months from the date of manufacturer, or with proof of purchase from TY Cushion Tire within (6) months.
* Not for use on roads and/or highways
**Recommended ratings are available upon request from TY Cushion Tire
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
- Tires exhibiting hazard injuries, including but not limited to, cuts, punctures, or stubble damages, from use in the field. *
- Uneven or rapid wear caused by mechanical irregularity of the machine.
- Damage resulting from fire, vandalism, chemical corrosion, collision, or tire alteration.
- Failure due to improper application or mounting procedures.
- Failure, including thermal damages or explosions, due to use at speeds or loads in excess of recommended ratings.**
- Special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages.
TY CUSHION TIRE REPLACEMENT POLICY
- All claims must be submitted to TY Cushion Tire on a Claim Request Form within 30 days of the date of failure. Claims submitted after this period may be denied by TY Cushion Tire
- Claim Request Form must be filled out as accurately and fully as possible to process the claim.
- TY Cushion Tire will accept or deny the warranty claim within 30 days of receipt of the Claim Request Form.
- If the claim is accepted, shipping instructions will be forwarded to the buyer.
- Customer is responsible for the cost of inbound and outbound freight incurred from warranty replacements, mounting, and all other service charges or applicable taxes.